Sunday, October 9, 2011
Ms.Evers Boys
This play was phenomonal. I was greatly impressed by the Howard University theater department. The play was set earlier in the 1900's and was about the Tuskegee experiments conducted on blacks back then. That immediately ccaptured my interest because while in high school former Tuskegee men came and spoke during an assembly so I previously knew a bit on the topic. Ms.Evers was a nurse who was tricked into administering syphillis into young black men. She was only trying to do her job as a nurse and had no idea that doing that job meant taking the lives of innocents. This play was such an eye opener. Blacks were reduced to becoming lab rats at one point in this country. Doesn't America stand for freedom? Why must its own citizens go through such a horrid ordeal? They deserved better and the ones that met with death did so before it was there time to go. This play is honestly something I would not mind seeing again. I look forward to the next Howard University production.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment