Sunday, October 9, 2011

Miss Evers' Boys

I really enjoyed Miss Evers' Boys, the cast, my fellow peers, did a great job at portraying the past and how the four boys were treated. Before coming to Howard I hadn't heard of the play, but I am glad I got the chance to see it. I told my mom all about it and she too had never heard of it, but plans on going to see the play whenever she can. It kind of made me mad how Caleb, Ben, Hodman, and Willie were treated. I know it was just a play, but just thinking about how this was based off of what has really happened and the hardships African Americans had to go through just to get to where we are today, still working for approval and acceptance. Overall the play was great and I plan on seeing the rest of the plays Howard has in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment