Coming into Convocation I didn't really know what to expect. I'd only heard that it was just a blessing over the school so I wasn't very excited to go to it. When I walked out of Crampton I had such a different view on not only the wonderful school that I go to but also how important I am to the school.
I learned so much about my school and its richness in history. I learned that out of a pull of 10,000 kids we were the few out of 1500 that got accepted. We are a legacy and we need to continue it because its kind of like us against the world. If we don't perform at our best in all that we do then we won't be the best.
Dr. Lomax from the UNCF spoke about how our school is one of the most recognized HBCU's in the country but we need to keep in mind to come together with the other HBCU'S to keep the rest of them open. There are black colleges being closed and we have to do whatever it takes to keep our brother an sister schools opened.
After hearing this it truly made understand just how much of an amazing school it is that I go to. This convocation gave me another drive that I would need to be very succesful here at Howard and keep our legacy going. I felt very important knowing that I am apart of a Legacy. WE ARE A LEGACY
No comments:
Post a Comment