Saturday, September 24, 2011

3rd post: Omoluabi and me

This weeks lecture for me really brought some key points that can be very useful in all aspects if my life. Last week Dr. Carr spoke on our mbongi's and the use of knowledge and wisdom. This weeks topis was about how the transformation of knowledge and how it has magnified us.
Academic knowledge is more than just about what you learn in school. It aso goes on everything you learn outside of school. Like Dr. Carr said, "All learning doesn't go on in the classroom, its only just begining in the classrom. Academic knowledge has 3 very important factors.

  • Production: How people see and view and certain topic. eg. All black people can dance
  • Advancement: Confirming that fact without any thought or as much as a problem with it
  • Transformation: CHALLENGE. eg. Im not only going to believe this statement, but im going to do my own personal research to see whether or not this fact is true
This lecture to me was another way of instilling in me that yes, I have this knowledge but am I going to utilize it in a way that it benefits more than just me. I'm also not only going to use it but I'm going to use the transformation point and challenge something without just accepting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment